- 1-1/2 Lb. of Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1/2 Cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup of Pistachios (roasted & shelled)
- 1/4 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar (drizzle over the whole dish)
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese (grated or shaved ribbons)
Preheat the Blackstone to medium high. Note: Do not leave the griddle alone or preheat for too long, as this could warp the griddle top.
Add avocado oil to the griddle. Add sliced onion and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle a little more avocado oil on top.
Spread Brussels sprouts out so they are easier to season. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Toss until well mixed, then add some water and cover with a basting dome.
Let steam for a couple minutes, then toss them and add more water to steam if they’re not done. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes total.
Once they’re cooked through, take off the dome and let them sit on the hot griddle to get a good char.
Remove the Brussels sprouts from the griddle and put them in a bowl. Add the dried cranberries, pistachios, red wine vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Toss all together.
Garnish with Parmesan ribbons.
You can buy your Brussels sprouts shaved, or you can quickly slice them in the Cuisinart or with a knife.